Maritime and Aviation Transport Update Issue 229 March 2023
This publication offers you a variety of articles ranging from case studies to essential updates, which provide macro and micro perspectives on events, changes and challenges that shape the Maritime and Aviation Transport industry.
In this issue, we provide insight into recent and current developments including:
- decarbonisation of the aviation and maritime industries
- an overview of the main obligations for the transport sector arising out of the Security of Critical Infrastructure Act 2018 (Cth)
- a snapshot of the amendments to the Transport Safety Investigation Regulations 2021 (Cth)
- a guide to the terms of reference for the Commonwealth Government’s Aviation White Paper
- an introduction to the High Speed Rail Authority Bill 2022
- consideration of recent report into endemic wage theft in Australian freight shipping, and
- a look at why foreign investment is important to the commercial aviation industry.
In addition to the feature articles, we have included a number of state-based legal developments, which may be of interest.
We hope this issue is beneficial to you and we look forward to sharing more in our next edition, available in the second half of 2023.