Congratulations to our Commercial Insurance team for being recognised as a finalist in the category Insurance Specialist Firm of the Year for the 2023 Australasian Law Awards.
This award category is judged on excellence in client service and specialist expertise during the 2022 calendar year, below are just some of the accolades the Commercial Insurance team achieved last year:
- winner of “Australasian Law Insurance Specialist of the Year” and “Lawyers Weekly Australian Insurance Law Firm of the Year” awards
- recognition of 34 lawyers in Best Lawyers 2023 and 14 lawyers and 6 categories in Doyle’s, including Best Lawyer’s 2023 Lawyer of the Year for Shipping and Maritime Law and Leading Admiralty, Shipping & Maritime Lawyer in Doyle’s Guide 2022 for our marine insurance Partner Michelle Taylor.
- continued ranking under Insurance in Chambers Asia Pacific and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (Legal 500) and under Transport (Shipping) in Legal 500 in respect of our marine insurance practice
- inclusion of Partner Kiley Hodges in the Insurance Business Elite Women in Insurance List and Partner Gillian Davidson in the Insurance Business 2022 “Hot List” of key figures who have been highly influential in the insurance sector
- recognition of Sparke Helmore as a 5-star employer for DEI, and
- appointment of Partner Gillian Davidson as Chair of Global Law Insurance Connect (GILC), an independent network of Insurance specialist law firms.
Winners will be announced at the Awards Gala Dinner on Thursday 18 May at the Fullerton Hotel Sydney.
Congratulations on this recognition and good luck to our team!