Vision and values
“To enhance our position as a market leading Australian national law firm sought after and valued for its personable and practical experts who know and serve the needs of our clients and the industries in which they operate, with excellence and agility.”
Sharing a vision and a set of core values help us realise our potential - whether it’s delivering on our client insights program or achieving our personal, team and organisational aspirations. As we continue to expand capabilities and services to meet the needs of our clients, attracting and retaining exceptional talent is paramount to continued success.
Career and development opportunities through training and mentoring programs, secondments and community activities are just some of the reasons why people join the firm and why we have so many “lifers” - people who wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
To bring our vision and strategies to life, we need talented lawyers, supported by the right resources and technology in our IT, Internal Legal & Risk, Knowledge Management, Finance, People & Culture, Business Development & Marketing and Operations teams too. That's why we keep investing in these areas, because we understand the uplift in efficiencies and relevance for our clients that these investments create.
On a journey together
Our core values guide how we do things at Sparke Helmore. It’s what drives our business forward, building cohesive and agile teams, and strengthening relationships both inside and outside of the firm. These values are not only a reflection of our culture, but the very ingredients of our future growth and success. We’re in it together.
Client-first - putting our clients at the heart of everything we do:
- Demonstrate a client service mindset and a can-do attitude.
- Listen, understand, and respond positively and proactively.
- Be forward thinking and draw on expertise from across the firm to deliver the best service.
- Invite feedback and always look for ways to improve.
Honest - always being authentic, ethical and behaving with integrity and respect:
- Communicate with honesty, empathy and diplomacy.
- Consult with relevant stakeholders prior to decision making.
- Respect confidentiality.
- Create a safe environment and respect the opinions of others.
Respect and inspire people - enabling people to be their best:
- Role model and demonstrate respect.
- Embrace diversity and inclusive behaviour.
- Promote and sustain wellbeing of self and others.
Agile - open to change, adapting to challenges and uncertainty:
- Step outside one’s own comfort zone of learning.
- Demonstrate a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Be open to new ideas and be an early adopter of changes.
One-firm - working collaboratively towards achieving our goals:
- Share information and expertise across teams.
- Be open and ready to participate.
- Encourage involvement, curiosity, connection and incorporate different perspectives.
Walk the talk - leading by example and showing the way:
- Coach and mentor others.
- Be generous with time and share knowledge and expertise to develop and support others.
By behaving in these ways, staying focused, and working together as one team, we really do put our clients first and enable our people to thrive.