Sparke Helmore Lawyers is delighted to announce that 50 of its lawyers (15 more than last year) have been listed in the 2019 edition of Best Lawyers in Australia.
The firm has 11 lawyers listed for the first time—Piet Jarman, Adrian Kemp, Stuart Marris, Yvette McLaughlin, Belinda Michalk, Gary Nutt, Chris Rimmer, Andrew Ross, Kerri Thomas, Chris Wood and Luke Woolley.
Two partners have also been named Lawyer of the Year for Occupational Health and Safety Law in their respective cities—Luke Holland (Adelaide) and Penny Stevens (Melbourne)—and the Workplace Group has been named Occupational Health and Safety Law Firm of the Year.
"We are very proud of our 50 lawyers who have been recognised by our peers in this year's Best Lawyers in Australia list, especially Luke, Penny and our Workplace Group for their fantastic accolades. This recognition reflects the high quality of our legal work, the respect with which our lawyers are held in the industry and the fact we genuinely put clients at the heart of everything we do," said Phillip Salem, National Managing Partner. "I'm particularly pleased that we have a strong cohort of young and emerging talent within the group."
Four of the lawyers newly listed are in the firm's Perth office. Belinda Michalk, one of the Managing Partners in Perth, said, "I'm very happy that our expanded capacity in Western Australia is bringing real benefits to our clients and that we have made such a strong impression on our legal colleagues in the past 12 months."
The Sparke Helmore lawyers featured in this year's list are:
Corporate & Commercial
- Ben Burney: Banking and Finance Law
- Tim Castle: Insolvency and Reorganisation Law, and Litigation
- Peter Charteris: Funds Management
- Richard Chew: Information Technology Law
- Chris Drury: Planning and Environmental Law
- Adam Fuller: Banking and Finance Law
- Mark Hickey: Corporate/Governance Practice and Real Property Law
- Jason Lambeth: Corporate/Governance Practice and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Scott McDonald: Alternative Dispute Resolution, Commercial Law and Litigation
- Alan McKelvey: Mining Law
- James Minchinton: Mining Law, Natural Resources Law and Oil & Gas Law
- Catie Moore: Construction/Infrastructure Law and Energy Law
- Leon Sakaris: Real Property Law
- Paul Tobin: Construction /Infrastructure Law
- Luke Holland: Occupational Health & Safety Law
- Carlie Holt: Occupational Health & Safety Law
- Bill Kritharas: Occupational Health & Safety Law
- Andrew Ross: Occupational Health & Safety Law
- Matthew Smith: Occupational Health & Safety Law
- Penny Stevens: Labour and Employment Law and Occupational Health & Safety Law
- Catherine Wilkinson: Occupational Health & Safety Law
Best Lawyers has been published for more than 30 years. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then it has grown to provide lists in more than 70 countries. Lawyers on the list are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.