More than half of our lawyers work on insurance matters every day
Insurance is a core area of focus for us. Our team of more than 400 insurance partners, lawyers and legal support staff, based in eight offices, manage large and diverse portfolios for more than 20 domestic insurers and many overseas insurers and reinsurers. In 2018, 2017 and 2016, our Insurance Group was proudly named Insurance Specialist Firm of the Year at the Australasian Law Awards.
We help by putting our aviation, commonwealth compensation, construction risks / ISR, CTP & major claims, directors & officers, EPL / workplace risks, health care, liability, professional indemnity and state compensation to work.
Sparke a better experience
- genuine expertise—over half of our lawyers work for the insurance industry every day—working on claims across all product lines, dealing with policy interpretation and considering the implications of case law, legislative reform and overseas trends in the industry
- world-class experience—we work with major Australian insurers, brokers and intermediaries based in Australia and London and are known for our work in the areas of liability and causality, professional indemnity, latent diseases and statutory classes
- insight—our experience and in-depth understanding of the legislative environment at federal and state levels lets us inform clients about the impacts of legislative changes for them
- pragmatism—we are practical, open to innovation and ensure a balance between insurers' concerns and the interests of the insured
- efficiency—we use award-winning technology to manage claims in a timely, commercial and cost-effective manner, and
- valued partnership—we build long-term relationships with many of our insurance clients to deliver legal services in line with their business and commercial objectives.