Succession planning and business transitionEvent date: 28 May 2013
The question of who will own the business after the owner moves on is rarely a simple one. Business owners invest significant time, money, energy and passion to get to where they are, often over many years. Regardless of whether the business is passed down within the family, transferred to employees or sold to an outside purchaser, there are myriad questions and options to consider. A lively panel discussion featuring business owners who have been through the succession planning process and leading experts in the field explored the various issues involved in business transition.
- Peter Burgess, Non-Executive Chairman, Forgacs Group
- Eric Melman, Founder, BEAM Corp
- Patrick Slattery, Managing Director and Senior Auctioneer and Valuer, Slattery Auctions
- Paddy Slattery, General Manager, Slattery Auctions
- Greg Guest, Partner, Insurance, Sparke Helmore